Join now - be part of our community!

Loud Cooling Fans and Upgraded Graphics Card.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
DickyMint51
New

Loud Cooling Fans and Upgraded Graphics Card.

Hi, I have a Sony Vaio VGC-LM1M desktop computer, Its cooling fans are very loud, can I buy either new ones or better still upgraded ones? also is it possible to buy a better graphics card? If so can you please inform me as to where I can buy them.  Thank you, David.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi DickyMint51.

Although your Vaio looks like a desktop computer, most of the components (apart from the screen) are those of a laptop.  This means that the Graphics are on a chip - not a removable card - and are soldered into the motherboard.  This means you cannot upgrade.

The same situation probably exists with the fans.  Sony do not do any upgrades and the fans are likely to be custom for the model.  You can give the airways a good clean out and see if that helps but that is about the limit of improvements you can make.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi DickyMint51.

Although your Vaio looks like a desktop computer, most of the components (apart from the screen) are those of a laptop.  This means that the Graphics are on a chip - not a removable card - and are soldered into the motherboard.  This means you cannot upgrade.

The same situation probably exists with the fans.  Sony do not do any upgrades and the fans are likely to be custom for the model.  You can give the airways a good clean out and see if that helps but that is about the limit of improvements you can make.

:thinking: