Join now - be part of our community!

low volume speakers on a fe21m

raheller
Visitor

low volume speakers on a fe21m

Hi there,
I recently bought a vaio fe21m and I'm overall very happy with my laptop, I've just got one little issue...
I find the volume of the built in speaker(s) very low... the sound of most movie and mp3 files are far from loud. I know laptop speakers are never ideal but with some downloaded movies and even the free hitch/spiderman/s.w.at. dvd that came with the laptop the volume is really unacceptably low... I live in the city centre and when I have my windows open, I can't understand a word... does anyone else experience this problem? is it common for sony vaios? I've had an HP before and despite the 'tinny' quality, the volume was never a problem... could there perhaps be a problem with software or drivers? or should I consider returning the laptop?
please let me know, any help would be very much appreciated!
Robbert

btw, I have of course set all the settings to the loudest!;-)

43 REPLIES 43
arsecheese
Visitor

hi guys, first post for me here so hello..

I think you have all missed the point and are looking too deeply at what is wrong.. My AR11M had the same issue, even with external speakers added it was too quiet...

IF YOU GO INTO SONIC STAGE MASTERING STUDIO BY DOUBLE CLICKING THE 'ON' BOX IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF YOUR SCREEN... INSIDE THERE YOU HAVE 'SONY OXFORD INFLATOR'... CLICK THE ICON INSIDE THAT THAT LOOKS LIKE A FEW UPWARD SLIDERS... THIS OPENS A INPUT/OUTPUT BOX, make sure the device is switched on (top left), SLIDE THE INPUT UPWARDS UNTIL THE MUSIC OR DVD IS JUST UNDERNEATH CLIPPING INTO THE RED.. THIS IS A MASSIVE SOUND INCREASE THAT YOU'RE AL LOOKING FOR...

I adjust this level with nearly everything i do,.... DVDs have to be cranked right up and sometimes music will need to be turned right down because it sounds distorted when it's maxing into the red..

I'm 100% certain this will solve all of your problems, it drove me mad for a week until i discovered it..

Cheers

apierc1
Visitor

I use Harmon/Kardon speakers and my volume level seems good

mikap
Visitor

i have just installed sonic stage for resolving my sound level problem and when i launch sonic i have a windows error omgjbox.exe must stop the program. Do you know what can i do ???
thanks

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

i have just installed sonic stage for resolving my sound level problem and when i launch sonic i have a windows error  omgjbox.exe must stop the program. Do you know what can i do ???
thanks

Hi mikap and welcome to the forum.

Have you checked Vaio-Link for any sonic stage updates?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
mikap
Visitor

Hi,
Yes i have the last version from support driver and utility on vaiolink. The problem is identified on microsoft webite :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321882/fr (i'm french)
I don't know what to do.
thank u for your help
mika

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Can you let us know your Vaio model mikap?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Aeivan
Visitor

Nobody seems to be reading the audio filter suggestions ?!
If the vaio in question has the audio filter installed, running that and engaging eq or the inflator plugin will massively boost the volume of any application. It's especially useful on low volume films or DVDs.

Aeivan
Visitor

..apologies to mikap btw. I see this is not the solution for you! .. hope you can get it sorted.

mikap
Visitor

hello,
my vaio is a pcg-grt896hp.
ciao

Seawit
Visitor

I must agree that my FE21M also has a low level sound comparing to other laptops that i had, but still it has enough sound volume to please me... :slight_smile: