Join now - be part of our community!

Major boot problems on VGN-NR38E

WAAIIOO
Visitor

Major boot problems on VGN-NR38E

Hi, basically my laptop wont load windows (vista) at all, even in safe mode. it gets to the screen just before the login (i.e. windows logo on black background) and then freezes.

I have run windows memory check as well as the vaio hardware diagnostics and both said there was no problems with hard drive, memory or processor. I tried backing up files before a reformat (using the vaio backup thing for when windows wont boot) but it just fails to start transferring files and then closes stating that there was 'an error' with no code. and then forces the program to quit.

i gave up on trying to save the files and thought i might aswell just restore it all, so i went to the vaio recovery centre and ran "restore C: Drive" it waited about 10 minutes before an error message popped up quoting 'Error: 332' with no further information. This prevents the restore from going any further.

so in summary my main questions are
What is error 332?
Is there another way to backup files from C without windows booting?
What is wrong with that laptop?

i will be very grateful if anyone can shed any light on those questions.

Tony

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi WAAIIOO,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

We have had posts regarding error code 332 or similar before but unfortunately I don't think a reason for this error was found on the forum.. :slight_frown:

All I suggest is that you contact Sony Vaio support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

As to backing up you data you could try using something like Knoppix, use the following link for further info: What is Knoppix.?