Join now - be part of our community!

Mat**bleep**a dvd-ram uj8c0 drivers?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
backudog
New

Mat**bleep**a dvd-ram uj8c0 drivers?

I thought i'd check my drivers for my viao sve1512b1ew on the support page, most are upto date, my hd4000 wasnt,so i sorted that,  but i cant find drivers for the dvd drive thing, device manager lists it as MAT**bleep**A DVD-RAM UJ8C0 and it has microsoft drivers from 2006 installed, surely theres more upto date ones than that? the ones on the support page arent for that drive and i can only see drivers listed on sites i dont recognise / trust so wont download them just in case.im not having a problem with it, i just like everything to be as up to date as possible. any ideas if there are any newer drivers please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi backudog and welcome to the Sony User Community.

Your optical drive just uses generic Windows drivers which will be updated by Windows Update if any update is required.  You do not need to look for updates.

2006 is probably the date of the Windows Build - if you look at the driver in Windows Explorer here -C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\cdrom.sys - it may well be a more recent date.

In any event, I would not bother to look for driver updates.

Firmware updates are another thing and if Sony release an update, it is usually a good idea to install it as this may upgrade burn speeds etc.

If there is no firmware upgrade on the support website and your drive is working normally I would leave it well alone.  If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!

:rolling_eyes:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi backudog and welcome to the Sony User Community.

Your optical drive just uses generic Windows drivers which will be updated by Windows Update if any update is required.  You do not need to look for updates.

2006 is probably the date of the Windows Build - if you look at the driver in Windows Explorer here -C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\cdrom.sys - it may well be a more recent date.

In any event, I would not bother to look for driver updates.

Firmware updates are another thing and if Sony release an update, it is usually a good idea to install it as this may upgrade burn speeds etc.

If there is no firmware upgrade on the support website and your drive is working normally I would leave it well alone.  If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!

:rolling_eyes: