Join now - be part of our community!

Matshita DVD-Ram UJ850S ATA Device Drivers

spundid
Visitor

Matshita DVD-Ram UJ850S ATA Device Drivers

hey guys..
i hope somebody can help me, becaue i cannot connect to my optical drive, because the driver for Matshita DVD-Ram UJ850S ATA Device is damaged.
Does anybody know where I can find this driver?
Panasonic says nothing about it and also I cannot find the driver at the vaio support homepage. :slight_frown:

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi spundid and welcome to Club Vaio.

What model Vaio do you have?

What is the exact error (text and number) shown in Device Manager?

Can you see the drive in Windows Explorer or My Computer.

The drive just uses generic Windows drivers to be recognised so it is probably something else causing your problem.

:thinking:

spundid
Visitor

hi blencongo
I've got the vaio VGN-FE41M
I cannot see the drive on the explorer or on my computer.
He is only under the device manager.
That is the exact error ( sorry that it's in german) :

Der Gerätetreiber für diese Hardware kann nicht geladen werden. Der Treiber ist möglicherweise beschädigt oder nicht vorhanden. (Code 39)

If you need further informations just tell me
thanks

MattWilson
Visitor

The solution to your problem is a major issue with vista and is explained here

Hope this helps

Make sure you back up the registry first

Do it an your own risk but i promise it works because i have had the same problem

Enjoy

spundid
Visitor

hey guys...
i love you
you are so great everthing works again
wondefulll

MattWilson
Visitor

Glad to be of service!!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
angmunchkin
New

Hello,
I had exactly the same problem with my Sony Vaio VGN-CR11S and I went through the regedit process as described in the link you gave. It worked for me too -- THANK YOU so much for this.

stefangatzmaga
Visitor

I got a Sony VGN-FS115m. It is already 3 years old. After a short time my DVD-drive (Sony DRW 56a) broke and it was replaced by a Matshita drive UJ831A. (by Sony service).

Sometimes the drive doesn't read anything. So I did the advice with the registry-modification. Now the Drive still doesn't write any CD or DVD. The Burning Software doesn't recognise any burning device.

I'm really pissed off. Sony-good quality, what a joke. The 2nd DVD-drive, that doesn't work.

Does anybody have solution?

The Vaio-Support doesn't have one.

Ex-Sony-Fan

nickbohle
Visitor

Hi!

I do also have a problem with my Matshita DVD RAM UJ-850S ATA Device (

I can watch DVDs and open "normal" CDs.

But since I have updated MS Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack-1, I cannot burn CDs nor DVDs (fixation problem) and I cannot open multi-session CDs. Windows says that the device is empty... but it's not...

I tried your fix with the registry, but it didn't work.

Any ideas?

I have a Sony Vaio VGN AR 31E

BuffyB
Visitor

I have to send you a big THANK YOU myself Matt, I had the same problem and was searching for hours on how to fix it. Do you know why deleting those registries help it to work? !grin.gif|___jive_emoticon_name=grin|jivemacro=emoticon|class=jive_macro jive_emote|src=grin.gif!