Join now - be part of our community!

Matshita UJ-832D problems

Henriuk
Visitor

Matshita UJ-832D problems

Hi everyone,
My Sony SZ2XP/C has a Matshita DVDRW UJ-832D but it is not recording at all. Not even a simple CD? I have tried different burning progams and types of media. I ended up buying many brands of CDR and DVDR media in an atempt to solve the problem. I have know media that will last for years to come but not luck in recording anything.
I have checked at the Vaio Support center for a firmware update for my laptop but it shows a different model of DVDRW for my Laptop UJ-842D! I have tried to install it anyway but it says that the Firmware is not compatible with my DVDRW, which is UJ-832D.
I have searched the net for the last few days and have even download a similar brand UJ-832B from VAIO US Support centre for another laptop but got the same message: not compatible.
At the Vaio specs it states that my Laptop should have an UJ-842D DVDRW and not UJ-832D. I think I was conned when I bought the computer at PCWORLD.
I have wasted my last weekend doing a complete new Windows instalation but still the same.
Any ideas.
Max.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Any slimline drive should work.

SONY DW-Q58A?

:thinking: