Join now - be part of our community!

Maximum resolution for the HDMI output on VGP-PRS35 ?

SOLVED
profile.country.fi_FI.title
NakkeN
Visitor

Maximum resolution for the HDMI output on VGP-PRS35 ?

What is the maximum resolution throug HDMI output on a VGP-PRS35 docking station. I'm looking for a new external monitor with at least resolution of 1920x1200 or even 2560x1440.

Technical data on my notebook Sony Vaio SVS1511V9EB states that 1920x1200 is only possible throug VGA, and again HDMI is only FullHD 1920x1080. But would it be possible to get higher resolution from the port replicators HDMI output???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
djsladi
New

I can confirm that my docking station is capable of viewing 1920x1200 through HDMI on my HP ZR2440w monitor. Just plug and play.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi NakkeN and welcome.

The specifications say nothing - I guess upscaling would certainly be mentioned if it was a feature: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/vaio-docking-stations/vgp-prs35/technical-specifications#tab

I think this product is just a way of connecting external devices tidily and as such is just a pass through device.  I think you will have to phone the sales line in your country for more information.  0969 37 93 26 (English)

http://www.sony.fi/product/vaio-telakointiasemat/vgp-prs35

:thinking:

NakkeN
Visitor

Hi, and thankyou for your quick reply :slight_smile:

I was just wondering, because the graphic card (NVIDIA geforce 640LE) should be capable of dealing with higher resolutions, but i understood that the integrated ports of my laptop aren't (don't see why?). So if the HDMI port of the docking station would go around this problem??

Well I allready emailed sony support, I'll be back if and when they answer...

djsladi
New

I can confirm that my docking station is capable of viewing 1920x1200 through HDMI on my HP ZR2440w monitor. Just plug and play.

NakkeN
Visitor

Hi,

thankyou djsladi for the correct answer. From Sony support they answered me for a while ago and told that the highest resolution would be 1920x1080 through hdmi. Despite that I bought an ASUS PA248 (native res 1920x1200) and was prepared for using vga cable for the higher resolution. For my suprise the hdmi worked out as well. Now it would be nice to know if even the higher resolutions like 2560x1440 works too from hdmi output?