Join now - be part of our community!

mcafee 60 day trial

rugid22
Visitor

mcafee 60 day trial

please help have managed to remove this feature without installing it is there an way of getting it back??rugid22

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi rugid22,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

You could try a system restore to a point before you removed Mcaffee from your Vaio..

Use the following link for a guide should you need itSystem Restore? .. :slight_smile:

If that does not work, then most but not all of the pre-installed applications can be re-installed by doing the following, unfortunately I don't think Mcaffe is one of those available..
Click Start, then select All Programs then select Vaio Recovery Tool and finally click on Vaio Recovery utility.

Once the Vaio Recovery utility has loaded, click the Options button and select Recover Specific Applications that were pre-installed, click OK, then Yes and Yes again.

Select the application you wish to install from the list and then click Install

If I'm right and Mcaffe is not available, by following the above, then the only way to re-install Mcaffee onto your Vaio is to recover your Vaio back to factory settings using the Vaio recovery centre.. :slight_frown:

rugid22
Visitor

thanks much thalamus cant seem to do it still but got anti virus software from woolworths dirt cheep as they have now shut gonna see how that wrks run by panda software i think so well see thanks any way. rugid22

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome rugid22.. :slight_smile: