Join now - be part of our community!

Microsoft UAA Bus Driver disables itself

kpangiz
Visitor

Microsoft UAA Bus Driver disables itself

I've had my VGN-SZ2/XP since about May and I have had persistent problems from the start !!!! I was cleaning my room tonight and saw the big 'premium' label on the box... premium??

Anyway, the problem for now is that every time I turn the computer on, there is no audio and the only way I can turn it on is to go to 'device manager' and manually enable the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio.

How can I stop it from disabling????

Sony.. please make a decent product...

3 REPLIES 3
ShyGuy
Visitor

Hi there,

I have the same laptop as you, the SZ2XP, and i havent got any problems with it at all, apart from the VERY noisy DVD drive, which i can live with for now since i dont use the drive very much...

With regards to your audio problem, are you aware that there is an update for the audio driver on the Vaio-Link website? Although i didnt hav any audio problems, i updated the driver anyway and it still works fine.

Try that, hope it helps, let me know how it goes.

Aamir

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi kpangiz and welcome to Club Vaio.

I presume you have enabled the UAA driver while logged on as the computer's Administrator?

The only other thing I can think of is that the UAA driver MUST be installed before the Sigmatel Drivers are installed. It may be worth uninstalling the Sigmatel Codec in Device Manager, then enable the UAA driver, then reboot to reinstall the Sigmatel drivers.

:thinking:

kpangiz
Visitor

Hi,

thanks for your responses.

I tried to uninstall and re-install the Sigma Audio Tel driver (I followed your suggestion as well as the instructions that come with the driver when downloading it from the Sony website), but every time I restart, the device is disabled still in Device Manager.... any other ideas? This is really frustrating.

Another thing, something which I noticed before but haven't done anything about as it doesn't seem to affect anything (yet) is that the following are also disabled in Device Manager:

Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF
Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27D4

HELP!!