Join now - be part of our community!

MotherBoard in Vaio PCV-2246?

oizzard
Visitor

MotherBoard in Vaio PCV-2246?

Any one know the manufacturer of the motherboard in a Vaio PCV-2246 and where i can get a manual for it?

I av just installed an Nvidia FX5700LE and i wanna know how to change the AGP port speed and aperture size etc etc!
But i av no option in the BIOS to change it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Use Everest Home Edition.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

As far as I am aware these settings can only be changed in the Bios. If there are no advanced options available they have probably been hidden by Sony. There are a few programmes that will allow you to view and alter the `hidden¿ settings, but take care!

This may help you.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
oizzard
Visitor

Thank u v much for the quik response but the link u gave me i was unable to download the file on it! Do u av the file? r u able to send it?
or is there another similar program?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

There is a broken link!

This is a link to what I think is the same Zip file but I am not certain. Make sure that you read all the .doc files to make certain that it is suitable for your Bios.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
oizzard
Visitor

have u used this program before? Is it reliable? easy to use? I dont wanna install it until im completly sure as u can understand. could i undo anything i did in the program by usin system restore?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

have u used this program before? Is it reliable? easy to use? I dont wanna install it until im completly sure as u can understand. could i undo anything i did in the program by usin system restore?

No I haven¿t used this programme as I have had no requirement to change any of the `hidden¿ Bios settings. As the documentation states:

¿If you are not familiar with setup options or if you don't know
what they do, please consider whether changing the setup options
is really necessary.¿

Consider this carefully before doing anything that could potentially damage your machine!!!

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

could i undo anything i did in the program by usin system restore?

No, system restore will not rectify any changes that you make in the Bios.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
oizzard
Visitor

wot if i pull out the battery? that shood reset everything shood it not?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

No unfortunately not.
Re-setting the Bios to default may correct any problems but without knowing exactly what this programme does I cannot say for sure.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat