Join now - be part of our community!

Multimedia video controller

SOLVED

Multimedia video controller

Hi i need some help with a driver, Multimedia video controller.

my hard drive packed up so ive brought a new one and installed windows xp from new, ive updated xp service pack to 3 net frame work and all hot fixes and patches to bring it up to date.

sony vaio VGC-V2S

i have downloaded all the preinstalled drivers and utilities and installed them.

I have no devices connected to the machine just a keyboard and mice so everything that needs a driver is part of sony and not 3rd party.

the graphic drivers work fine so im assuming this Multimedia video controller driver is for something else.

their are no more drivers i can download and install and i still have this error

any help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi dannygouchi,

This Multimedia video controller may be the TV tuner. If you let us known the Hardware ID we should be able to confirm.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi dannygouchi,

This Multimedia video controller may be the TV tuner. If you let us known the Hardware ID we should be able to confirm.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi dannygouchi,

Just in case you are scratching your head wondering where you find the hardware ID, open Device Manager > right click the device and select ‘properties’ > click the ‘Details’ tab and from the drop down menu select ‘Hardware Ids’. It should report something like PCI\VEN_14F1&DEV_8880&SUBSYS_D4391461&REV_0F\4&30224E63&0&00E3.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat