Join now - be part of our community!

Music Skipping on Windows Vista?

SpySect
Visitor

Music Skipping on Windows Vista?

Hi, I have a FE21S running Windows Vista.

Towards the end of a song, all songs played in Windows Media Player, it starts to skip. It only skips for a second or 2. It kind of feels like it's prefetching the next song and that's what's causing but I wouldn't know how to turn that off.

Anyway, anyone have this problem in Vista with WMP11?

(Tried another player. Files work fine, I have aero enabled and I have no other proggys except for AV and whatever else starts up in the background running. I'm not switching back to Itunes, Itunes is great on XP but horribly slow and clunky looking in Vista. Can't really think of anything else I haven't tried but will probably try.)

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi SpySect,

This is a known bug in MCE.

1. Start Media Center.
2. On the Settings menu, click General.
3. Scroll down, and then click About Media Center

You will se the true version - probably MCE 2005

:wink:

Resonate
Visitor

Just a quick thought is it certain tracks that skip or all of them, another thing to try browse the folders which store your media files in with the standard click to open new folder method. If you encounter a windows closure error you are missing vital codecs in which case a simple re-install of WMP is involved, this can happen if you have any other media players installed on VISTA as the assosiate files do not correctly change causing conflict with to of the same codec. :slight_smile: