Join now - be part of our community!

My all in one computer PCG 2A2M blue screen

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
magentawolf
Visitor

My all in one computer PCG 2A2M blue screen

Well, it boots into a blue screen, and there are funny letters and the "waiting" symbol is slightly the wrong colour as it boots up.  Then I get 3 or 4 bands of blue vertical lines.  It endlessly restarts, none of the options it gives me works.  Got into safe mode, and did system restore, no effect.  Any ideas?  The computer is 4 years, maybe over a bit.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi magentawolf,

Call the OOW number – this from the UK is 0905 0310006.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi magentawolf,

Can you please try to identify the correct product number? PCG-2A2M is a chassis number that can be common to more than one model. It may possibly be VGC-LM2E or similar - have a look on the screen surround or a sticker on the back.

If it is a VGC-LM1 or –LM2 series then there is a strong possibility that the Nvidia graphics chip is faulty. Have a look at the following link and type “Distorted video, random characters or blank screen issues due to failure of the NVIDIA graphics chip” in the search field.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGC-LM2E/tips-and-solutions

I would assume that the machine is now more than 4 years old and will therefore not qualify for a free repair.:smileysad:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
magentawolf
Visitor

Many thanks for your help.

It is one of the models in the list, vgc lm2e.

It also happened within the 4 years, just.  To get the support it tells you to go to vaio link, which I did, and it asked for the model number.  I then get to the model's page, but there is no mention of the fault and so nowhere to click to get it resolved.  So it tells you to go somewhere to get it fixed then there is no mention of it.  How do I go about getting it fixed?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi magentawolf,

Call the OOW number – this from the UK is 0905 0310006.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
magentawolf
Visitor

Thanks, I guess it will have to be that, premium rate as it is.