Join now - be part of our community!

My New Rs222

Danuk
Visitor

My New Rs222

Right Oh,

i am in need of some help if anyone is willing :wink:

Just brought my new rs222 out of a computer shop ( won't add shop name) Anyway the machine was already loaded with windows xp home and had been registered by the shop ( as it is ex display) my question is the software is registered to the shop ( XP ) but that has been changed now but the document folders are still named after the shop ( this cannot be changed as it is windows folder it will not allow me to change it )

Any ideas people ?

Dan :smileygrin:

5 REPLIES 5
chuckalicious
Visitor

If you have the restore disks that came with it, then I would suggest you simplyrebuild it, that will give you a clean install, as you never know what else the shop have done that you haven't noticed yet. If there are no disks, then you are a bit scuppered. You can change owners on files and things, but only if you have the right privelages, which you might now.
Aim for the rebuild. It's the best way

Danuk
Visitor

Looks like i'm stuffed then lol, no discs :slight_frown:

I have got it regged as me now but the document folders all point to the shop name and i cannot change that as it says it is a windows document or something like that.

i might have to do a complete upgrade, i.e i always wanted to have win xp pro. lol

Dan.

chuckalicious
Visitor

I dunno about an upgrade. You can try, but I did that and things didn't work very well, of course, it may be fine for you, so you could give it a go. Also, I don't think upgrading would change the folders. Only a complete and clean install would do that, but you'd lose all the pre-installed software that came with the machine.
When you say document folders, I assume you mean My Documents and stuff.
If you can, just make a new user to log in with, namely you (with administrator rights), and that should give you your own folders and stuff. If that's not it then I'm not sure what to do.

Danuk
Visitor

Hi m8 thanks for the info and help, i did exactly what you said and put a new admin and delteed the old one hence removing all old documents and folders used by them.

Sorted

Thanks again

Dan

chuckalicious
Visitor

Most welcome. I was hoping that would work, as not having the restore disks does put you at a distinct disadvantage, and so you'll just need to careful what you do to the machine, unless you want a clean build without Sony software :slight_smile: