Join now - be part of our community!

My OSD has dissapeared after restoring the system

LambChop
Visitor

My OSD has dissapeared after restoring the system

Hello:
I'm sure that my problem is solved in some other thread, but the search dialog box does't work, so i have to post it:
After restoring my Vaio FE 11H the volume on-screen display has dissapeared. The messages on the screen about mutting the sound or change the volume are not displayed when i use the volume keys. I searched about some integrated soft or keboard drivers, and i found nothing. At the device manager "Standard 101/102-Key or microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard" is showed.
Thak you and sorry about that surely repited post.
Álvaro.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Lamb Chop and welcome to Club Vaio.

The lack of a search facility is a real pain isn't it?

Download the Sony Preinstalled Utilities from Vaio-Link Downloads and expand the download into a temporary folder.

For the function keys to work you will need to install some of the Utilities in the correct order:

1 Sony Utilities (installer folder 1)
2 Sony Shared Library (installer folder 2)
3 Vaio Event Service (installer folder ?)

And then re-boot your Vaio - you may have to repeat the process!

:wink:

LambChop
Visitor

Thak you so much! I'm going to try install that resources from the rescue disk. I will tell you what happened... And you're right: the searches are doomed stuff!!!

LambChop
Visitor

Bad news: it doesn't works. The buttons works perfectly (as before), but the on-display information is not showed...
More information: when i restored my computer the first thing i did was to update the system. Maybe some of the stuff updated has changed somthing inside my vaio...

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hmmmmmmmm..........

Can't think of anything else to try - let's hope someone else may have some ideas?

:thinking:

LambChop
Visitor

The search box still doesn't work :slight_frown: Is somebody out there than can use it?

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi Lambchop

The powers that be are aware of this problem and are working on it as we speak.

LambChop
Visitor

Four days have passed through and "the powers" didn't repaired the search dialog box, so i post a topic to stand up my post, because i am still without osd for the sound buttons.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

No problem, but please be assured they are aware and are working on it. :slight_smile: