Join now - be part of our community!

MY RS222 HAS 2X256MB RATHER THAN 1X512MB - ANYONE WITH SIMILAR ISSUE?

MY RS222 HAS 2X256MB RATHER THAN 1X512MB - ANYONE WITH SIMILAR ISSUE?

I bought a RS222 late last year, and before I bought it I checked that the memory was upgradeable as it only came with 512mb. I even checked on the Vaio site which confirmed that it had one bank of 512mb, with another empty bank. Now that I want to upgrade it, I have discovered that in fact my computer has 2x 256mb, so that to upgrade it to 1gb means I will have to buy 2x512mb and get rid of the 2x256mb. I think this is unacceptable and I was wondering if anyone else out there has found a similar issue or is this a once off.

4 REPLIES 4

Forgot to say email me on vaioproblems@yahoo.co.uk if you also have the incorrect memory configuration on the RS222

reaper
Visitor

hi dude

in my vaio pcv-rs224 the specs say i have
standard 512mb ddr333 ddrsdram
max 2gb

and yes there is two memory sticks in there does this mean i have to 256mb installed ?????????

VAIOneer
Visitor

If you look under Vaio Link you will find that most of the laptop have both memory banks populated.512MB maybe a standard, but as many people are finding out, it comes as 2x 256mb.No idea why, but it could be due to the fact that 512MB DIMMs are more expensive then 2x 256MB

noun
1. a Club VAIO member who is one of the first to do something.
2. a Club VAIO member who helps establish a community.
adj.
Of, relating to, or characteristic of early members: the VAIOneer spirit.

Pakolicious
Visitor

I have the same problem like u... I also wanted to update my memory and i have both slots occupied with 256...