Join now - be part of our community!

My sony vaio VPCF12M0E, Crashes when running 3D programs plugged in to the mains.

Radar_
Explorer

My sony vaio VPCF12M0E, Crashes when running 3D programs plugged in to the mains.

Hello, I have recently discovered that my computer crashes when running 3D Benchmarking programs like NovaBench, I unplugged my laptop for stand-a-lone use with no charger and it seems to work fine!, But as soon as I go to play any games or use editing software the computer just gives up and shuts down, I am able to hear things that are going on for a slight second after the black screen and crash, I have opened it up cleaned out the whole computer with compressed air and a cleaning brush, still no change, I really need help with this issue..

Thanks - Nathan.:smileyconfused:

2 REPLIES 2
Radar_
Explorer

Bump.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Nathan,

You seem to suspect an overheating issue and your discription of the problem would certainty suggest this. Have you checked the CPU & GPU temperature using a free utility such as PCWizard?

Sometimes a clean of cooling vents and fan are not enough if overheating is causing a forced shutdown - renewal of the thermal paste is sometimes necessary.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat