Join now - be part of our community!

my vaio overheating

profile.country.en_GB.title
aznirashmy
Visitor

my vaio overheating

hello all, my vaio laptop is just one year old now its getting really overheated, the model number is VPCEB2ZOE, win 7 64, 4 gb ram and 500 gb hard, please help me to fix it

4 REPLIES 4
nimbystripes
Visitor

You might have used it for intensive playing. Have it replaced.

aznirashmy
Visitor

no, i never play games, i just use the lap for internet that is it, when i was about to buy a lap I thought sony is the best one but now i am really fed up,

when you posting an question in sony forum you dont get a answer at least, I should let my friends and family not to buy sony product anymore because their customer service is RUBBISH

my lap is getting overheated and make a lot noisy

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi aznirashmy,

This is a user self help forum and you will not receive an answer to your problem here from Sony. If you require official support you will need to contact Sony Support.

There is a BIOS firmware update available for your model that claims to improve fan control:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEB2Z0E_BQ/downloads/EP0000228463_5313

If you have not already done so I suggest that you install this. It does not address overheating but as you have not posted CPU/GPU temperatures it is difficult to determine whether your problem is temperature related or just excessive fan noise.

If that makes no difference then cleaning the cooling vents with compressed air may make a difference although disassembly may be required for a thorough clean.

On behalf of myself and other serious contributors to this forum apologies for the inane reply from ‘nimbystripes’ – we are plagued by idiots at the moment but come the end of half term this will hopefully reduce...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
ayesha108
Visitor

Hello,

I have exactly the same model, and problem. Its a nightmare! I thought buying a SONY vaio would offer best value but, after only a year my laptop started making loud noises and overheating badly. I contacted customer services just after the year and was told it was my own responsibilty to sort out a new fan! It seems this is a common issue that isnt being addressed by SONY, poor show indeed.

I tried the helpful idea suggested on BIOS but mine is apparently up to date? Any other ideas?

Ayesha