Join now - be part of our community!

MY VAIO VGN-CR42S BUILT IN WEBCAM NOT WORKING PLEASE HELP IVE TRIED EVERYTHING!

Poppy021294
Visitor

MY VAIO VGN-CR42S BUILT IN WEBCAM NOT WORKING PLEASE HELP IVE TRIED EVERYTHING!

My laptops camera has stopped working, i have tried to system restore i have tried to click on links to install VAIO Camera Capture Utility but it just redirects me to the support home page and so i cant find it. When i try and open it with Arcsoft, MSN or skype it just says that my webcam is in use elsewhere by a different programme and even if i close everythng it still doesnt work.
PLEASE HELP!!!! 😞

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Poppy and welcome.

Please check two things: -

1. Are you using McAfee Antivirus and Firewall?

2. Is the camera installed correctly? Check in Device Manager -> Imaging Devices. Is a camera shown as an installed device? What name is it called in Device Manager?

Your model does not use the Camera Capture Utility. Instead it uses the Arcsoft software for image capture.

:thinking:

Poppy021294
Visitor

Hi,
No i am not using a Mcafee antivirus or firewall.
I looked in device manager and it says that the imaging device "USB video device" is installed and when i click on it it says it is working properly is that my webcam?
Oh right, i dont know if i have the arcsoft software although my camera used to work :S

sieger85
Visitor

Hi, This is Manish... Please help me out. My model number is VGN-FW11E. My camera is not working. Its not showing up under device manager. I have tried everything but still in vain. I have restored machine but did not help. I'm getting continuously error message saying that USB devise not recognised. Please help me out.. Is there any way to reinstall the drivers of the webcam. All I can see on the website is Arccroft companion. Please throw some light Thanks a lot in advance