Join now - be part of our community!

My Vaio VPCF11S1E developed a fault causing white background colour to appear pale blue, and black backgrounds appear red with vertical black stripes. On startup the Windows image "shivers" on a red background.

profile.country.en_GB.title
chriswallace
Visitor

My Vaio VPCF11S1E developed a fault causing white background colour to appear pale blue, and black backgrounds appear red with vertical black stripes. On startup the Windows image "shivers" on a red background.

My Vaio VPCF11S1E developed a fault causing white background colour to appear pale blue, and black backgrounds appear red with vertical black stripes. On startup, the Windows image appears to shiver against a bright red background. The last time this occured, a technician was able to solve the problem, but I was unable to recall the process. Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Chris,

It sounds like the colours have become inverted - black becomes red, white becomes cyan.

Have you tried connecting an external monitor?  Are the colours OK on an external screen?

I suspect this is a poor connection somewhere between the graphics chip and the screen.  You will need someone to check inside and make sure all the connectors and wiring are good.

Hopefully, it will be a wiring problem but if not, you can try downloading PowerStrip and try inverting the colours but this may not be a permanent fix.

Worse case scenario is a faulty screen.

:thinking: