Join now - be part of our community!

Need desparate help !!

profile.country.en_GB.title
shmohan24
Visitor

Need desparate help !!

Hi all :slight_smile:
My Vaio AR51SU does not have a line out .. but i want to connect my Logiteck surround speaker system ( X-540) ..How do i do it??
Any help would be greatly appriciated . It seems to have three leads that need to be coming out of the main sub woofer . I have tried to connect it to the head phone socket but there is no sound!! :thinking:
Thank you all for reading
cheers
shan

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi shan,

The only analogue audio out you have is the Headphone Socket. You also have SPDIF and HDMI but they will not work with your speakers.

The three leads you mention are for connecting to a 5:1 soundcard (usually found on a desktop computer) and are colour coded.

I thought these X-540 speakers had the feature to run in MATRIX mode - taking a stereo input and 'interpreting' it to output 5:1. This is meant to work with an iPod so it should work with your headphone socket. Have you still got the manual to find out how to enter MATRIX Mode? There is probably another lead needed to input a stereo signal into your 3 analogue inputs (2XFRONT L/R + 2XBACK L/R + 1XCENTRE = 5:1)

Have you tried connecting the Headphone socket to the FRONT speaker input?

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
shmohan24
Visitor

:smileygrin: Thank you very much for your help.. i have finally succeeded in connecting the speakers to the laptop..if the was a Smiley showing i am bowing to the glory, then that would be on in this reply. I was the green cable connecting to the headphone socket with the matrix button on the wired remote switched on which enabled the surround sound
Thanks a lot for your help again
regards
shan :slight_smile: