Join now - be part of our community!

Need driver for vgp-prz20c Docking Station

SOLVED
profile.country.de_AT.title
razor678
Visitor

Need driver for vgp-prz20c Docking Station

Hi,

I need vgp-prz20c W7 64bit drivers for our VPC-Z21C5E laptops.

Somehow annoying that it is not easy to find it.

Thanks

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mike,

The graphics driver is a combined ATI and Intel driver which allows switching from Speed to Stamina graphics modes.

You can download the driver from the Support Pages for your Vaio here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCZ21C5E/updates

Look in the Preinstalled Windows 7 section - the 64-bit version is lower down than the 32-bit version.

However, unless you have reinstalled Windows it should be already installed and you just need to toggle to an external display mode by using Fn+F7.

Are you using HDMI or VGA connections?

Because of the Hybrid nature of this driver, never allow Windows Update to change your propriatary Vaio driver.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
celavey
Visitor

If you are running Windows 7 OS, simply do the update.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

celavey wrote:

If you are running Windows 7 OS, simply do the update.

More useless Spam from our friend celavey. If you actually know the answer, that is good but if you don't, please don't waste everbody's time.

Hi Mike,

Docking Station drivers are usually listed with the drivers for the Vaio itself.

Which drivers are you actually looking for?

razor678
Visitor

Hi,

I need driver to use the external monitor. LAN & USB are working without extra driver!

Thanks

Mike

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mike,

The graphics driver is a combined ATI and Intel driver which allows switching from Speed to Stamina graphics modes.

You can download the driver from the Support Pages for your Vaio here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCZ21C5E/updates

Look in the Preinstalled Windows 7 section - the 64-bit version is lower down than the 32-bit version.

However, unless you have reinstalled Windows it should be already installed and you just need to toggle to an external display mode by using Fn+F7.

Are you using HDMI or VGA connections?

Because of the Hybrid nature of this driver, never allow Windows Update to change your propriatary Vaio driver.

razor678
Visitor

Thank you Blencogo.

I am using VGA Connector.

It works now with the drivers you mentioned...

profile.country.el_GR.title
fokarag
Visitor

Hi all,

I have the same problem with a variation of the docking station and laptop.

I have the docking station VGP-PRZ20A and the VPCZ21S9E laptop. I need the Win8/64 bit driver.

I also download drivers for VPCZ21SHX model as the above is probably a regional one.

BTW, I also have problems with several Fn buttons that do not work (e.g. Fn F1 (mousepad), Fn F5-F6 (brightness), F9-F10 (Zoom), the Assist and Vaio buttons near the wireless switch etc.

These are all due to the fact that the laptop had initialy W7 installed and I then made a clean install of W8 and I have been struggling to get the right drivers (not all W8 drivers are available, I use some W7 ones etc..)

Thanks in advance for any help,

Fotis

aligibi
New

hi,

I upgraded my win7 to win 10 now my vgpprz20c docking station's vga is not working only usb drives are working.

ı will be happy if you could help me.

thanks

harun