Join now - be part of our community!

Need help restoring system please help

LouiseGeller
Visitor

Need help restoring system please help

Hello, please please would someone help me ?? I have a VGN-AR41L and me being not very good with laptops "but learning very fast" lol have a problem. Just recently my laptop froze on me and eventually I could not do anything with it. So I did a system restore and then tried to update windows. It wont download the upgrades and I get a error code 80240016. My freind had a look at it for me but was unable to fix it, his sugestion was to reload everything back to when it was new a total system reload. Unfortunately I dont know how to do it and I didnt make a system restore disc when I first bought my Vaio. Any help would be appreciated as its driving me crazy. I also have let my trial period of norton expire which i probably the cause of it and dont want to buy the full version until I restore my system. I have saved all my important files so If I can just restart it as though I have just baought then I think it will be ok I can then reload my files. Any Ideas please reply thanks :slight_smile:

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Louise,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Make sure you have your Vaio plugged in to the power supply before running the Vaio Recovery..

Restart your Vaio, when you see the Vaio Logo press the F10 key repeatedly.

This should start the Vaio Recovery Utility..