Join now - be part of our community!

Need help with fn and eject keys for windows 7 please

hardikj
Visitor

Need help with fn and eject keys for windows 7 please

Hello everyone,

I have installed windows 7 RC 64bit on my Sony VGNAR51SU laptop. Everything is installed and working perfectly like drivers and utilities. Except the FN and Eject keys aren't working.

I have researched, done what is online tried all the steps from every place, also from this forum. I had an unknown device i knew it was the Sony Firmware Extension Parser device. so i installed the SFEP Driver (Sony) 8.0_09Q2_O - 8.0.0.1 through device manager cause this one supports the x64 version and the installation of driver worked.

i have installed all the Sony Drivers and its Utils also replacing the VESConfig file in the Event service. Rebooted so many times after each installation. I only dont know why it is not working.

I tried to install SonyNC.cab from this forum to see if it works. by uninstalling the driver and trying to install the SonyNC by going through Device Manager clicking on Unknown Device and then selecting the folder where i extracted the Sony.cab, but it doesnt find any in the folder. so i thought right clicking on SonyNC.inf file and click install but i get an error message saying "The INF file you selected doesnt support this method of installation." so i am quite annoyed why the FN keys arent working. i have tried every possible way to get this to work but it doesnt. i have also tried using Command Prompt to install the SonyNC.inf file but no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 REPLIES 0