Join now - be part of our community!

Need Help with starting up VPCL all-in-one!

profile.country.en_GB.title
budhh11
Visitor

Need Help with starting up VPCL all-in-one!

Hi all,

I have a VPCL13 Desktop PC and recently the it stopped loading up to windows and the Vaio logo does not appear either which makes it difficult to get into bios or do a system restore. All it does, is hangs at Power on, green light appears, screen is active. However, i can use the PC as monitor via the HDMI or Video input !!! So, not sure what is going on....Initial thoughts were whether to change the memorys but on this machine, the rear memory slot is empty and it's hair pulling to understand where do i find the memory or does this monster machine has built in memory?? Other than that, I have tried everything else in manual to get it started......

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi,

Check the memory compartmemt again please.  There should be a memory module installed or the computer will not work.  Your model takes up to 12GB.  When did it last work properly for you?

Have a look at Page 103 of your User Guide here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/Notebooks/VPCL/VPCL13_H_EN.pdf

If it has a memory module installed and you do not see the Vaio Logo splash screen, you almost certainly have a hardware problem that will need a repair.  It sounds like power is not reaching the BIOS chip or the PC Motherboard.

I would contact Vaio Support and discuss the way forward.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
budhh11
Visitor

I think the memory compartment accessible on the back has been added for expansion of the initially installed memory in the pc. From what i can gather then, does this PC have a Built-In memory which i cannot replace or access??? Help!

The worst part, is the power button lights up and does not go to Vaio Splash screen. However, the HDMI and Video Input features are perfectly working OK and I can use it as a Monitor!!!

I am getting the funny feeling that it could be the internal memory which has gone up in smoke and another problem which seems to haunt the vaios.....and worst of all, just popped over the warranty period which does not help when one has invested a heavy amount of money into these machines.......any views