Join now - be part of our community!

Need to use recovery disc, but Runtime error 70 won't give permission, Any ideas?

profile.country.en_GB.title
katziewill
Visitor

Need to use recovery disc, but Runtime error 70 won't give permission, Any ideas?

Whilst attempting to run my Vaio recovery disc, I get a message that says "Runtime Error 70" "Permission Denied" in a window Titled "VRU".    I'm running XP. and I'd be grateful for any  suggestions. Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
katziewill
Visitor

Hi thalamus,

Thank you so much for the help you've given, but because the computer is running reasonably well at this time, I think I'll leave it as it is.

I'm very wary of going into BIOS settings after an experience we had a few years back with a new Toshiba laptop (running Vista), we got it home, fired it up and it asked to perform a BIOS update, which we did, but halfway through it asked for a password, which we didn't have a clue about, I won't go into the details but it ended up going to the local Toshiba agent and was fixed (and Toshiba paid).

Thank you once again,

katziewill

katziewill
Visitor

Hi thalamus,

Thank you for your exellent suggestion, I am nervous of upsetting the apple cart when things are running smoothly, so I've bookmarked the thread, but hoping I don't need to use it.

Thank you for being so helpful. :slight_smile:

katziewill

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thank you so much for the help you've given, but because the computer is running reasonably well at this time, I think I'll leave it as it is.

You're welcome katziewill..

I'm very wary of going into BIOS settings after an experience we had a few years back with a new Toshiba laptop (running Vista), we got it home, fired it up and it asked to perform a BIOS update

The instructions that I posted are just resetting your BIOS settings to default, this will not cause any major changes and is not the same as a BIOS update..

However if you're nervous then we can always try this if and when you want to try using the recovery disc's in the future..

May be an idea to place this thread's address into your browsers favorites..:smileywink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

but hoping I don't need to use it.

Fingers crossed..

Thank you for being so helpful. 

You're welcome..:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi katziewill,

Blecogo's, one of the other Experts, made a suggestion that the cause could possibly be due to virtual disc software installed, do you have anything like Daemon Tools, MagicDisc or something similar installed on your Vaio.?