Join now - be part of our community!

never buy a Sony Vaio

MetalGear
Visitor

never buy a Sony Vaio

well... what can I say... My Vaio is now just over a year old and so out of warrenty...just as I find out that the problems I have been having with the sound turn out not to be a driver issue (driver support is also the worst in the world) but likely a CPU memory addressing issue. Having replaced the sound card, and the memory and just about ever other replaceable part I can and having recieved no replies from Sony about anything else it can be I have assumed it must be the CPU. anyway... my 1.5 year old Vaio might aswell be junked now since I cant use it for playing games as the sound starts to crackle and screach. And to top it off the wireless has just stopped working.

So.. in summary.. thanks Sony for what is the most expensive useless peice of metal I have ever purchased and I applaude you for your clever evasive customer support, pure genius.

If anyone wants to buy a GOOD laptop... steer away from the Sony Vaio, thats the advice I give all my friends, colleagues and clients.

31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Good Luck with the recovery - I know its a pain hence the external hard drives hanging out of my machine. Acronis has saved my bacon too a few times.

Another reason to try what they say is so you can move to the next step if this fails. :slight_smile:

MetalGear
Visitor

well.....first.. the good news.. I did a full system recovery and my sound problem is now fixed... yay.. but.. the bad news... a few days after fixing my Vaio and being all happy with Sony again my screen failed 😞 my vaio is less than 2 years old and the screen has already failed... so looks like I will need to buy a new laptop since from what I can find out I can buy a new laptop for the price of replacing the screen..

first thing though is to try and see if maybe it a ribbon problem. does anyone know where I can get instructions for taking out the keyboard on a Vaio VGN-AR21M ? fingers crossed huh.