Join now - be part of our community!

New PC

Grellian
Visitor

New PC

I have just purchased a new PC and have tried to move sonic stage and my vaio pocket onto it. While both items appear to be operating normally it appears Sonic Stage does not "see" my vaio as an ATRAC HDD as it previously did and therefore will not transfer tracks to it. Help

2 REPLIES 2
microbat
Visitor

As earlier threads will tell you ( i know as i wrote a similar thread). If you saved the tracks on your p.c. in atrac then basically, you will have to sit there and get bored whilst you upload all your c.d.'s back on to the new machine. I made this mistake and as i had over 40gb of atrac music before i fully upgraded my p.c. after it died on me. I am still sitting down and ripping the c.d's back because of drm..ta sony. This may have been fixed with the latest sonic stage... someone will correct me if i am wrong.
If you had the forsight (but not the audio quality) to put on all your music in mp3 format search the forum .. a few threads back for GYM. a programme that will let you fiddle around with mp3's. because of DRM it does not work with ATRAC format.

Happy ripping! :smileygrin:

chris_lewis
Visitor

Its one PC one player with SS stii even on 3.4 im afraid.

You may want to try doing a backup of SS with your old PC then importing and re registering both new PC & freshly initialized player with the backup discs.

HTH

C