Join now - be part of our community!

New Sony Vaio vgp-bps22 battery not working

profile.country.en_GB.title
ASHUBHATT
Visitor

New Sony Vaio vgp-bps22 battery not working

Hello All,

I bought a new VGP-BPS22 sony battery 3500 mah/39 wh and it doesnt seem to be charging. I had exactly same battery before I replaced with the new one.

Funny thing is when i put the new battery first time it charged till 100PERCENTAGESIGN in 1-2 hours of time and then second day onwards it got stuck to max 30PERCENTAGESIGN charging and now its not charging at all(Stuck to 0PERCENTAGESIGN). Another thing which i noted if I uninstall and install 'Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery' from device manager battery seem to charge for 10 seconds and then stop again. Same thing happens at the time of system booting..it charges only for 10 seconds and then it stop.

I have reset BIOS and taken out battery/booting/rebooting system couple of times and it doesnt seem to solve my problem.

I am using window 7 ultimate.

Any help would be great!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi ASHUBHATT and welcome.

Where did you get the battery from? Are you sure it is a genuine Sony product?

Many of the non-genuine batteries available online simply don't work.

If it is a Sony battery, check the contacts and come back with details of your Vaio model and operating system.

:thinking:

The exact same thing is happening to me with the same model, but my battery is the original battery that came with the computer. only charges to about 45% or so. Very annoying. Tried uninstaling and reinstalling the battery driver but no change.