Join now - be part of our community!

New WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08

marcoda
Visitor

New WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08

Has anyone had any luck installing this update?
Tried with my FZ21Z running Vista and get message "a fatal error has occurred while installing WinDVD" at the Installshield Wizard. The green progress bar only gets half way.
Any ideas?

109 REPLIES 109
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Chandler,

have you tried installing the nVidia Video Driver 070830, use the following link to download the graphics drivers:nVidia Video Driver

Chanandler
Visitor

I have removed the driver, rebooted, re-installed it and still won't let me play BD movies. Why does it think my display environment is not suitable for playback of protected content.

I will plug in an external monitor next and see if that works i think!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Why does it think my display environment is not suitable for playback of protected content.

The error message you are receiving seems similar to the one that can appear if you try to play back a BD on an both a LCD and external screen in cloning mode.

Have you tried pressing FN & F7 until you have LCD selected.?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Just checked that and when I press Fn + F7 I only get two options, LCD and SETTINGS. There is no option for external monitor. All a bit weird!

Have you tried pressing Fn & F7 when trying to view a BD in Win DVD BD.?

Have a look at a similar thread HERE

Chanandler
Visitor

Thanks for all the help, in the end I just re-built the laptop again from scratch and all is working again :wink:

What a pallaver lol (think I spelt that right).

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Chandler.. :slight_smile:

Have you thought about buying something like Acronis True Image .?

Depending on what you have created a backup image of, you should then be able to restore your Vaio Operating system, applications, user settings, and all your personal data onto your new HDD to as it was when you created the image.. :wink:

b1098s
Visitor

Has anyone already installed the new available version WinDVD BD 8.0.9.429 ?

b1098s
Visitor

Well, I did, no errors this time.

profile.country.en_IE.title
sonypass33
Visitor

People cannot be expected to do system restores to fix what Sony have broken with what are obviously untested releases especially when it uses up licences to other software which can cost hundreds to replace.

Their top priority is not their customers, it is copy protection. If someone wants to copy Blu-ray, they will copy it and there’s nothing they can do about it. If however you are like most people on this forum and all you want to do is pop a legitimate Blu-ray disc into your drive and press play you will be penalised as an 11 page post of problems has proved. This being the case do what you have to do to fix it yourself.

I don’t update WinDVD for this reason although at some stage I’ll have to with newer discs. If/when it ceases to function properly I’ll be fixing it myself as it took 3 weeks to setup my laptop and I won’t be taking the “Do a full system restore”, as competent advise.

PS. Please don’t take this mail as a criticism of people here, they spend a lot of their own time helping others and fixing problems Sony have created by putting their customers at the bottom of a long list of corporates, whos priorities obviously far exceed that of the end user/target market/payers of their bills/customer.

Chanandler
Visitor

Has anyone already installed the new available version WinDVD BD 8.0.9.429 ?

I managed to get it installed eventually but it did require a rebuild of the whole system to get there.