Join now - be part of our community!

No audio for voice conferences

tolitz
Visitor

No audio for voice conferences

i just posted this problem, but under the thread vgn-c2s-h, a laptop that i bought two days ago. to my great dismay, i found out that i could not join a voice conference (say, in yahoo) because my audio is not working! is this a windows vista problem, as i read in other forums? as it is now, i can only talk with my colleagues and loved ones back home individually and cannot join them in the group conference. i have downloaded the latest sony audio update but it didn't fix the problem. so i'm back to my old P3 desktop computer for my voice chat conferences. and to think that one of the reasons why i bought this laptop was to make my voice chat experience more pleasant...:(

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Can you hear them?
Have you got a microphone plugged in?

tolitz
Visitor

yes. i am using a microphone but we don't hear each other. but whenever i go out of the chatroom and try to have a voice chat with them individually, there is no problem. i tried looking for a solution in the support page but i only found one concerning NetMeeting and not yahoo messenger. as i said, i can still use my P3 computer with windows xp installed in it and have no problem joining a yahoo messenger chat conference (though a lot slower).

tolitz
Visitor