Join now - be part of our community!

No audio on intergrated SoundMax after latest windows update

profile.country.en_GB.title
quantum_leap
Visitor

No audio on intergrated SoundMax after latest windows update

I have the VGN-B1XP model with Windows XP SP3. I have an issue with the integrated soundmax sound card. After the latest Win XP3 update, the sound in not working anymore. The driver seems to be working fine but I get a No Audio Device message in the Sounds and Audio Device Properties. I tried reinstalling/uninstalling and reinstalling again with no sucess. I tried to use system restore to get the system back as it was

before but realised I didn't have any restore points left! Then, I uninstalled the latest updates

but the problem is still there. It seems the Windows Audio service is not starting. I tried a manual start but the service couldn't start because of some other dependencies. I doubleclicked the service to check for dependencies. There were 3 dependent services called Emboss Service, Plug and Play and Remote Procedure Call(RPC). The last two were started fine but the first one called Emboss Service whenever I tried starting it I got the message Could not start the Emboss Service on Local Computer. Error 126: The specified module could not be found. I tried to get in touch with SONY but apparently I can't send an email to them since the laptop is out of warranty!
Anyone had the same issue? Thank you...

0 REPLIES 0