Join now - be part of our community!

No audio output is installed? No sound, please help! Sony vaio VPCSA

TheHaylio
New

No audio output is installed? No sound, please help! Sony vaio VPCSA

Hi

I have recently had problems with my audio.

When i look at my volume control, there is a red x on the volume, and the message 'no audio device is installed'

In device manager it says Intel(R) Display Audio is there, but then when i go to sound drivers it says none are installed. I've also tried disabling, and uninstalling and then reinstalling but hasn't worked.

I have tried to reinstall the Intel driver, and also a realtek driver after reading online, but to no avail.

This may be coincidental but i also get this error message when i restart the laptop:

title: explorer.exe Application error
message: The instruction at 0x800b665d referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.

Click ok to terminate the program.

If someone could please get back to me to help me with this that would be great, as currently i have no sound on my laptop.

Best wishes

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi, can you give us a bit more information please.

Which VPC-SA model do you have?

What version of Windows?

Is this the original, preinstalled Sony version of Windows?

Most of these Vaios require a Realtek High Definition Audio Driver - which version have you tried to install and from where?

:thinking:

panlazar
Explorer

I assume you have fixed the problem already, but if you haven't go to Sony's site / Support / vaio / look for your model and download and install the appropriate audio drive. That worked for me when I had a similar problem (Vaio Vpcsb model). It is a very straight forward procedure. I hope that this will solve the problem...

Farrou
Explorer

Hi

I have almost similar problem but weired. When i plug hdmi to tv the sound works fine and when i plug earphones or internal/external speakers or windows system no sound at all . But i can see the volume bar going up and down when the sound is played. All the settings and tests are fine and new drivers. in device manager sound with high definition and realtec drivers are installed and work properly but at the top no speakers or mic are shown. I tried under win 7 pro, 8.1 and 10, none works. Clean install also does not work. Any suggestions please