Join now - be part of our community!

No Sound from my Laptop

profile.country.en_GB.title
nettlehill73
Visitor

No Sound from my Laptop

Can anyone help with my VPCEB4L1E laptop, their is no sound coming from the internal speakers it only works with external speakers, I have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it, but the icons etc keep saying it is working their is no problem. this has been going on for a few weeks now, I have also tried going back to a previous date.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi nettlehill73,

Assuming that the external speakers you are using are plugged into the sound out jack and not HDMI or SPDIF then it would seem that there is a fault with the internal speakers.

If your external speakers are not plugged into the sound out jack then check Control Panel > Sound and make sure that Speaker/HP is selected as the default playback device.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
mo0gzy
Visitor

Hi Rich

Thanks for you reply, I have checked and the Speaker/HP is selected as the default playback device. Still saying this device is working properly, not sure what the next step is

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi mo0gzy,

As you have already tried reinstalling the driver, a system restore to a date prior to the problem, and Speaker/HP is set as the default device you should contact Support - assuming of course that your machine is still in warranty.

Your only other option is to return the machine to factory settings which Support may ask you to do anyway before considering a collection for repair.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat