Join now - be part of our community!

No Sound via HDMI or USB

profile.country.en_GB.title
Stelladel
Visitor

No Sound via HDMI or USB

I could really do with some help here; I have a Viao VGN-FW56E, once upon  a lifetime ago I plugged it into my HDMI TV and all worked well. So I bought a G2420HD BenQ 24” Monitor and connected via HDMI but got no sound. I tried all the setting including the advise in the troubleshooting section of the manual but still got nothing. So I bought some iLuv ISP 170 USB speakers and still no sound. I’ve tried combinations of speakers only, monitor only and both. I have updated the Realtek driver to 2.68 (latest) and still nothing any ideas would be very welcome!!!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
KatherineYH
Visitor

You should see in Control Panel > Sound > HDMI audio output, and should change setting for it to default. If you don't see this playback device in Sound section then again,  Audio/Video drivers must be updated. It should install HDMI drivers.

Life is too serious to be taken seriously http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/text-smiley.png

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Stelladel and welcome.

The BenQ Monitor does not have built in speakers.

How are you connecting the speakers?  To the Vaio's headphone jack or to the BenQ G2420HD's headphone socket?

:thinking: