Join now - be part of our community!

No sound

profile.country.en_GB.title
tagmoide
Visitor

No sound

Hi there i have no sound done all the updates works ok with head phones can any one help

i have read the 3 replies but they do not apply to me thank you inadvance. p.s No signe of any soundcard

and no probs with device manager

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi tagmoide,

To be clear can you confirm that the sound card is NOT present in Device Manager? If it is and the headphone socket is working but there is no sound from the built-in speakers, without the headphones attached, then this is almost certainly a hardware problem. I experienced this same problem a few weeks ago and the solution was replacement of the speakers.

As a side note I could get the built-in speakers to work temporarily by applying pressure to the casing immediately above the power jack.

It would also be helpful to know your model number.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
tagmoide
Visitor

Hi Rich the sound card is in the device manager but no problems mentioned

the model no is VPCCW1S1 I have updated all drivers with Sony and i have

used windows update I have tried rolling back the driver I have formatted the

hard drive i did not relies I would lose all the Sony software all I have managed to get so far

is VAIO Gate at the top of screen Thanks for your help declan, :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Declan,

Was the audio working prior to formatting the the drive or was this a measure taken in an attempt to rectify the problem? If the latter I still suspect a hardware problem.

VPCCW1S1 is not the full model number so it is difficult to direct you to the downloads for your model - only drivers and utilities will be available. Software that came preinstalled is not available for download. Can you check the product model on a sticker on the underside or the box if you still have it?

If you have only formatted the C drive there is a possibility that your hidden recovery partition is still intact and, if so, can be accessed by pressing and holding F10 at boot. Following the instuctions, if this is available, will return your machine to factory settings.

Can you also let us know what audio device is listed in Device Manager together with the full product model?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat