Join now - be part of our community!

no wireless capabilities

SandieBarns
Visitor

no wireless capabilities

I am having problems getting a wireless connection to my desktop, all of a sudden it stopped working and tells me to switch my wireless on . It does not detect any wireless devices please help me. :cry:

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
robogk
Explorer

Hi ... I have exactly the same problem on my Vaio laptop and now on my all in one desk top... it always happens if I let the laptop go on standby... the only way I can overcome it is to do a system restore..... Then last week we had a power cut and my desk top shut down... now  no wireless.... regrettably I dont have a suitable sytem restor point that works....and suggestions would be welcome..... the system is telling me to turn on the wirelss capability... but there are no switches to do this

Thanks for any help

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi robogk and welcome.

As the original post is nearly 5 years old, you would get more replies if you had started a new question.

However, if you would like to give us your Vaio model(s), someone may be able to help.

A message to 'Turn on the wireless capability' on an 'all-in-one' Vaio is likely to be caused by one of two things: -

1.  The software switch is turned off. Depending on your model it will have a software wireless switch called either 'Wireless Switch Setting Utility' or 'Vaio Smart Network'.  This needs to be on.

2.  There is a hardware problem with the wireless card.  Does it appear in Device Manager under Network Devices?

:thinking: