Join now - be part of our community!

Norton Internet Security 2007

sc-miw
Visitor

Norton Internet Security 2007

Hi everyone !!
I'm running Vista HP on my machine and recently i dont see the norton logo on the bottom right at the taskbar. If I try to open it from the programs list, It wont open. However, when i check scheduled tasks, It seems to have done system scans and it is actually running right now as I am typing. Is there anything wrong? should i be worried about this?
need help.. thanks !!

4 REPLIES 4
lapenass
Visitor

Norton IS 2007 is one of the worst security suite ever. It uses as much computer resources as no other security solution on the market plus offers a weak system protection. I wish sony hadn't installed this (and all other trials or junk software) on my laptop as it caused to much problems to me. Now I am using NOD32 Anti Virus and am completely satisfied with it.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I like AVG Free Edition, it's much better than Norton.

davemee
Visitor

Norton is the pretense of security, at the expense of resources. If you like it, you should buy another gig of ram to support it. I personally prefer chewing broken glass to running norton, and leaving pins on the floor outside my wide open front door for security. BitDefender is pretty good if you want to spend money, alternately there are stacks of excellent antivirus software out there as the other people in this thread suggest.

sementech... sorry symantec will be paying sony for every installation they hoist on an unsuspecting customer, and I hope they are paid well for it, as they'll be burning in hell for what they've done. I'm very very tempted to bill sony for the time i've wasted uninstalling the crud these new machines come with. most of it is downright obnoxious.

profile.country.en_GB.title
haal-kh98
Visitor

Hi, Why don't you try Avast (www.avast.com) Anti-virus? You might like it.. :slight_smile: