Join now - be part of our community!

Norton WMI Update

HICKSER1
Visitor

Norton WMI Update

I have an RS 504 which was pre-loaded with Norton Internet Security. I installed SP2 as soon as it was available, and everything seems to work well with one exception. All updates etc fly through without a problem except the WMI update which I understand allows Norton and the new Windows Firewall to talk to one another.
This downloads O.K but refuses to install.
I have followed the Norton instructions for puting this right, but it still refuses to install. This does not appear to make any difference to either the Firewall or Norton both of which seem to perform normally.
Has anyone else had this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Make sure the Windows firewall is off.

HICKSER1
Visitor

Thanks Kee-Lo.
Yes the windows firewall is off and I have gone through all the logical steps recommended by Symantec to correct this error to no avail.
When you have exhausted these steps Symantec suggest that you upgrade to the 2005 version of their software.
I am loath to do this because I have only recently paid for a full year following the initial three months which came with the computer.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah I would be annoyed too.
I would contact Symantec.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hickser, try this link, someone reported, recently, that they received a free upgrade to NIS 2005.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

This is the thread that I was referring to.

For some reason the previous link takes you to Microsoft, another conspiracy, try cutting and pasting this to your browser http://www.club-vaio.com/clubvaio/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=16260&lastpage=yes

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat