Join now - be part of our community!

Not Happy! (VGN-FW11E Wireless Drivers)

HL706
Visitor

Not Happy! (VGN-FW11E Wireless Drivers)

I've noticed the support website doesn't carry any drivers for the built in wireless lan for this model.

My laptop is essentially a brick until I can install these drivers.

Does anyone know where I could find them?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi HL706,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Have you checked if the wireless drivers can be found in C:\Drivers.?

HL706
Visitor

Here's the kicker, I only realised that folder existed after I did a complete clean and installed my copy of Vista Business!

So, i'm stuck with drivers from the net unfortunately.

N.B. The VAIO recovery centre wouldn't allow me to create recovery discs. Apparently I never had a blank disc in the drive :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi HL706,

you're Vaio has a hidden HDD recovery partition so as long as it has not been deleted you should be able to recover your Vaio back to the original installed OS and programs just as it was when you first used your Vaio.

To do this Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo screen press F10 repeatedly this normally would start the recovery process..

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I suggest you follow Thalamus's advice but I agree it is a bit strange that a basic driver is not available for download on the Vaio-Link site for your model.

If you need to stick with Vista business, you will need the Atheros Wireless Lan Driver 7.6B - 7.6.0.83. It is only 2.22MB, so if you PM me your email address I will send it to you.

:wink:

HL706
Visitor

Ok guys, I appreciate your quick responses. The recovery seems to be working fine. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hope all goes well.. :slight_smile: