Join now - be part of our community!

NTLDR ?

tesourodaflora
Visitor

NTLDR ?

Ive got a difficult problem, my notebook does not start up until the mistake NTLDR appears, what does ist mean, does i ve got a broken harddrive?

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

What model vaio do you have?

If your model has a HDDR system follow this procedure

carthorian
Visitor

NTLDR is the loading file for an OS. This isn't found, that's why Windows won't boot.

Insert your self-made backup CD and boot from that to reinstall.

tesourodaflora
Visitor

What is OS?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

OS = Operating System, ie Windows XP:smileyhappy:

tesourodaflora
Visitor

the model is named PCG-GRZ51G
so i have to reinstall Windows, right?

tesourodaflora
Visitor

So if i understand right, i have to boot from CD and then copy the NTLDR-file or to reinstall windows?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

the model is named PCG-GRZ51G 
so i have to reinstall Windows, right?

Hi tesourodaflora,

I do not know a model GRZ51G do you mean GRZ 515G.

carthorian
Visitor

So if i understand right, i have to boot  from CD and then copy the NTLDR-file or to reinstall windows?

Reinstall windows

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

So if i understand right, i have to boot  from CD and then copy the NTLDR-file or to reinstall windows?

Yes those are probably your two best options.

If you have model GRZ-515G then your Vaio does not have a HDDR (hard disk drive recovery) but instead has Sony supplied recovery disc/s. Here is the procedure to recover your Vaio.

I you wish to try replacing the missing NTLDR files I found the follow procedure:

1. Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
2. When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
3. Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.
4. Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and pressing enter.
5. You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
6. Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

7. Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.

tesourodaflora
Visitor

OK Thalamus, thank you very much i`d like to try with this procedure, you 've given me, cause i dont have any recovery-stuff.
Thanx