Join now - be part of our community!

Number lock stays on after Vaio repair

profile.country.en_GB.title
aldciarr
Visitor

Number lock stays on after Vaio repair

Hi All,

I had an issue with my vaio's display which was repaired by Sony under a recall: https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/664997#664997 but now I realise that this may not have such a happy ending. I tried to use the laptop for the first time today and realised that the number lock funtion is locked on and it is not posible to toggle it of even with an external keyboard, in fact the little number lock light stays on even when the laptop is switched off so I am not happy my vaio was not like this before it was sent off.

Any ideas what may have caused this? Could it be something that was done in the workshop?

Thanks,

Al

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Al,

That doesn't sound right. I think you are going to have to contact Vaio Support as sadly, it sounds like the repair has caused this new problem.

:slight_frown:

aldciarr
Visitor

Oh well at least I was happy for a few days until I tried to use it. I was very happy with  the way support treated me thhe last time so lets see how they respond to this. I will keep you updated and once again thanks for your time mate.

Al

aldciarr
Visitor

Update: 1 (I get the feeling there are going to be a few of these :slight_frown: )

Not good news. Sony are asking for £60 before they will even agree to pick the laptop up. I could be wrong here but it seems very clear that the repair is probably linked to such a bad malfunction because was not there before the laptop was sent to Sony. I would have been happy if they said we will take it and if the issue is found to be Sony's fault we will fix it and if it is your fault we will give you the option for us to fix it at your cost or send it back to you free of charge for you to have it repaired elsewhere (or throw it in the bin if you choose). I am waiting for a call back from Sony on this and I am gutted because I just purchased a Vaio for a member of staff and am close to never buying a Vaio or Sony product again which is a shame as I love the look of the Vaio and like Sony products in general.

aldciarr
Visitor

Hi All,

OK I am back to being pleased with Sony customer support again. They took my laptop and have just returned it free of charge and the umber lock issue is resolved. I could look at the negatives such as why did the thing go wrong in the first place and force me to purchase another computer and why did Sony not get it right first time when they did get a chance to repair it (they said that a cabling error during the last repair) but what I like is the Sony’s honesty in admitting liability as they could so easily have said the issue is no fault of theirs and left the costs with me.

Well done Sony I will continue to purchase your products. Thanks again for your help Blencogo.

Message was edited by: aldciarr

Message was edited by: aldciarr