Join now - be part of our community!

NVIDIA failure - how to contact repair center

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
stevarain
Visitor

NVIDIA failure - how to contact repair center

Hi I have a VAIO which I bought in November 2007 , and it looks like one of those models with NVIDIA failure.

Sony says:

"As a part of our commitment to quality, for any customer who requires repair of their VAIO computer due to the NVIDIA graphics processor issue, Sony will cover the cost of repair (parts and labor) at no charge during the first four years following the date of purchase of the models in question (see list below).      
In case your model is shown in the list below, we invite you to contact VAIO-Link to arrange service for your VAIO."

but in order to contact VAIO link, I have to register the product, and this is not possible because on the registration form, the date of purchase can go back to 2009, so it doesn't allow me to enter my date of purchase which was 2007. And there's no way how to contact repair center , at least I couldn't find out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Unfortunately, the only way forward will be to telephone Vaio Support on the Out-of-Warranty premium telephone line.

From the UK the number is 0905 0310006.

Have your full Serial Number available and, if available, proof of purchase date.

VAIO-Serial.png

:wink:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Unfortunately, the only way forward will be to telephone Vaio Support on the Out-of-Warranty premium telephone line.

From the UK the number is 0905 0310006.

Have your full Serial Number available and, if available, proof of purchase date.

VAIO-Serial.png

:wink:

chalkywhite
Visitor

Hi, my NVidia died in my VGX-XL201 back in May. I replaced it with a Sapphire card with HDMI and DVI-D out, and it works beautifully with Windows 7, and takes up much less room in the case too, with a tiny heatsink. i can check the model number if you like?

The only downside is that i lost my component out capability, as these outputs hang off the NVidia card (which was made for the Sony range).

Hope this helps, Tony

jasonhibbs
Visitor

I have the same problem with my VGC-LM1M but trying to get to Sony and navigate the same loop over and over again is more annoying than the computer fault.