Join now - be part of our community!

Nvidia geforce 8400m gt issue

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
aldciarr
Visitor

Nvidia geforce 8400m gt issue

Hi All,

I hope that you can help. I have a 3 year old Vaio Model PCG-3A1M running vista. The display adaptor, a Nvidia geforce 8400m gt keeps failing causing green vertical lines to cover the screen and a "Rundll32 has stopped working" msg to appear.

Any ideas how to resolve this? I think I read somewhere a while ago that this was a known issue,

Thanks in advance for any help,

Al

11 REPLIES 11
anmurphl
New

I am suffering the same problem with my PCG-2G2P media center, verticle lines and an error showing on the Nvidia GeForce 8400. M GT.

Had many problems with the computer, any easy fix for this model?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi anmurphl,

This is possibly a VGX-TP3 and again is not a model that Sony has acknowledged to be affected by the faulty NVIDIA chip. Even if it was one of the effected models you are way out of the four year free repair period.

It may possibly be dry connections on the GPU (bad soldering), in which case a reflow could solve the problem. As with most hardware problems there is no quick fix and will probably cost you in excess of £100. Google ‘Laptop GPU reflow/reball service’ for details of companies offering this service. I suggest you avoid the DIY solutions.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat