Join now - be part of our community!

Obstructive and Unhelpfull Support Team

profile.country.GB.title
Ritchie53
New

Obstructive and Unhelpfull Support Team

I have a Sony VAIO All In One PC model VPCJ2.

The HDD has a capacity of 500GB (usable 448 GB) and I have got to with 8 GB of the total so I need more storage. I am going to have the HDD cloned and then have a 1 TB HDD put in, and sent an email to the Sony Support team to ask then, not unreasonably I thought, whether the HDD was 2 1/2 inches or 3 1/2 inches in size.  This is the reply I got:

In response to your enquiry, we are afraid that we are unable to disclose the information regarding the HDD size, as it is only available for our authorised engineers within our authorised service centres. Therefore, we recommend that you contact the nearest service centre to yourself using their contact number for further assistance regarding this matter.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Has anyone else had such an unhelpful, obstructive and downright ludicrous reply from Sony's "Support" Team ? I'm not asking for the coding secrets of the VAIO O/S or for State Secrets - just the physical size of the HDD  !!!

By the way, does anyone happen to know the size of the HDD in question ?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Ritchie53 and welcome to the Sony User Community :slight_smile:

Did you try phoning the 'nearest service centre' and ask them

what size and specs the drive is?

profile.country.GB.title
Ritchie53
New

No - it's going in to PC World tomorrow anyway to have the job done. Just trying to point out how unhelpful Sony have been. Just how secret is the size that they can't tell me ?  As soon as the back of the computer is off we'll all know anyway.........Just plain stupid and pig headedly unhelpful.