Join now - be part of our community!

Obtaining K Series Spares (DVD Bezel)

GavM
Visitor

Obtaining K Series Spares (DVD Bezel)

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to obtain Vaio spares in the UK? I've got a DL NEC-6500 DVD drive I want to fit to my K215S, but need a new DVD bezel, which I need to modify. Can this be sourced in the UK? I want to keep the original Matshita drive intact....

3 REPLIES 3
feederfan
Visitor

The bezel will clip off the old drive and onto the front of any replacement laptop disk drive. If you get your new drive and take its current bezel off, then you can fit the VAIO one.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

If you need to retain the old bezel with the original Matshita drive, rather than swapping it over to the new DL NEC-6500 drive, you are going to have problems. As far as I am aware these cannot be sourced in the UK. You could always try a Google for a US site, but the problem there is that they have different model numbers.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
GavM
Visitor

It's not just as simple as unclipping the bezels in this case.. The Matshita has an extra screw mounting point, which I need to remove, hence looking for another facia. Plus, the emergency eject hole moulding needs to be filed down to fit the new drive.