Join now - be part of our community!

Odd behaviour with VAIO Udate, VAIO Launcher & Club VAIO!

VAIOWoman
Visitor

Odd behaviour with VAIO Udate, VAIO Launcher & Club VAIO!

Having problems with all as slow to respond from launcher when I click on ClubVAIO! Also when I click on the icon in system tray for Updates I get the snapshots displayed and get update for WinDVD Blueray which installed and then another follows that fails! Can anyone tell me what is happening? Sorry about the size of attachments!

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi VAIOWoman,

what version on Win-DVD is currently installed on your Vaio.?

To check the version number, launch Intervideo WinDVD BD for Vaio, then right click on the WinDVD BD for Vaio application window, from the list select Set-Up.

In the new Set-Up window select the Information Tab.

VAIOWoman
Visitor

Hi Thalamus and thanks! Version 8.00 DXVA B09.670 :slight_smile:

Additional Update: My VAIO Update now takes me to "snapshot", please note how it displays...any reason why?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi VaioWoman,

I would have thought the reason that 8.0.9.617 does not install is because it's older than the version 8.0.9.670 installed.. :thinking:

What model Vaio do you have.?

bobtrowell
Visitor

Hi ,

I'm getting a similar problem on my FZ21S for update WinDVD BD 8.0.9.617. It tells me that 'update has failed or needs to be installed manually'. I've checked what's installed and it is '8.0DVXA B09.670'. Seems to be a prolem with what the updater thinks is installed and what is actually installed. Shall I just forget about update?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ,

I'm getting a similar problem on my FZ21S for update WinDVD BD 8.0.9.617. It tells me that 'update has failed or needs to be installed manually'. I've checked what's installed and it is '8.0DVXA B09.670'. Seems to be a prolem with what the updater thinks is installed and what is actually installed. Shall I just forget about update?

Hi bobtrowell,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

I think I'll see if I can get some more info from Sony..

VAIOWoman
Visitor

Yes Thalamus, thank you I realised that but it is still showing on VAIOUpdate under Automatic! Have solved the other issue of using VAIO site as noticed had a problem with Java and could only resolve the issue by uninstalling it then re-installing from Java.com

Also am having major problems with the quality build of my VGN-AR71ZU! I have had 2 Ethernet cables damaged and destroyed because they have been jammed in the connection! The connection hole itself is nothing like any of my previous VAIO's in that it is like a gaping hole with a piece of plastic halfway down the hole on both sides and nothing below (where lies the problem)! Because it is not infilled around the area where the lever attached to the Ethernet cable would normally lie snug it is just a cavity and the lever then snags below these thin plastic bits that stick out half way down making it impossible to disconnect! Both my cables cost £35.00 each as they are not short cables! I do use wireless connection most of the time, but like to have the choice especially if for any reason I cannot connect wirelessly!

Also I have noticed that occasionally on start up my VAIO displays a mish mash of jumbled colours unlike I have ever seen, much like scribble/static is all I can think at the moment! I have had trouble changing my display settings as on my previous 17” laptops my Yahoo home page options displays Wide or Narrow view, and I use wide layout as this would fill the screen nicely! On this laptop when clicking home it does display for a second the wide layout and then jumps into a narrow layout in the centre of the screen! Not good as I have tried everything to get it to work correctly including sending snapshot to email support as per their instructions, whom did not reply and so closed the cases!

My keyboard appears to sink on the areas where I type, although I am not heavy fingered!

Where the wireless switch and card reader are placed the black paintwork is peeling off of the plastic cover! The paintwork appears to be quite brittle but to be honest the materials are of poor quality, not what I expected of a VAIO, specially £1800 worth of VAIO!

I fear to remove the battery at any time as the case is so delicate and thin you can feel the give in your hand, that it would most likely crack with any pressure, so keep the battery installed to ensure stability of the case!

I have heard the screen rattle as if slightly loose but it does not do that now, but none the less this also worries me!

After saying all this, I hope you can advise with whom I can speak about these issues as I feel I have got a bit of a dud on my hands and cannot afford that kind of monies only to receive an inferior quality laptop! Sorry don’t mean to step on anyone’s toes or insult anyone but feel well insulted myself!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

After saying all this, I hope you can advise with whom I can speak about these issues as I feel I have got a bit of a dud on my hands and cannot afford that kind of monies only to receive an inferior quality laptop! Sorry don’t mean to step on anyone’s toes or insult anyone but feel well insulted myself!

Hi VAIOWoman,

as you have numerous problems I suggest you open a case with Sony Vaio support, you can do this either by phone or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

VAIOWoman
Visitor

Just to let you know that Sony VAIO Support are to pickup my laptop to deal with the hardware issues concerned! Will not know of course what will actually be done until it is returned! They have however replaced the BlueRay already within the first month of my purchase and all was well, so I do not expect any complications! Lets Hope! :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for the update VAIOWoman, hope all goes well and good luck for 2009.. :slight_smile: