Join now - be part of our community!

Office 2010 Activation after recovery

profile.country.en_GB.title
stengol

Office 2010 Activation after recovery

I bought my Vaio from Sony with Office pro 2010 pre installed. I have just checked back on my emails from them that I did indeed do this and did not buy it from another retailer or upgrade the trial afterwards.

I have just had to recover my laptop from the partition built into the system.

Now it is asking for the office activation code and I cannot find a copy of the activation code. I assumed that as it was pre-installed the info would be on the recovery partition. I was wrong.

I have sent an email to Sony at the email address that I had correspondance with when I bought the system (Sept 2010) but no answer after 2 weeks.

Any ideas anyone? I can't afford to buy it again.

16 REPLIES 16
stengol

Hi Blencogo,

Sorry I have been away for a couple of weeks.

No I have not registered this product though I have plenty of others registered.

I did wonder why I had not done so.

So I tried to register it.

I put in the model number VPCF12C5E and it said that was not a valid model number and then I rememberd that exactly the same thing happened before and I never got around to sorting it out.

Interestingly when i look on the site at my old orders it has the model number down as VPCF12X5E.

No idea what the difference is and whether I got a good deal or was ripped off.

I tried with both numbers to register, but neither work. Is it because it was a bepoke order?

I still have the details of the order (see below)

Any idea what my next step is?

Order number was 301571031 ordered 29.07.2010

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I'll pass on to Vaio Support the news that you are back at home.

Are the registration details for your old VGN-FW41 still correct?

:thinking:

stengol

yes they are and I still own it and use it every day

stengol

Hi Blencogo,

No contact from Sony yet.

How long do they usually take and will they do it via email to start with?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Stengol,

I had an email saying they emailed you on 12 March.

Just to avoid misunderstandings, could you please PM me with your contact details: -

• email
  • day phone
  • evening phone
  • Vaio's Serial Number for the new custom model

VAIO-Serial.png

This may save some time!

:thinking:

MSampaio
New

My computer stops working everytime I use the Offfice Program (Word). Then appears a blue screen saying that I have to recover the program. The program came already installed in my computer when I bought it last year. Please advise me what I have to do. I need to work on this program urgently. Thanks.

The product name is: SVE14A1C5E - S/N 54502934 0000873

Hello,

I have the exact same problem. I bought a preconfigured, personalised VAIO in 2012. I had to re-build the computer and lost the MS Office 2010 software. Now, I have no code to restore it.

When I try to register the product, the product model is not listed. It is VPCSA4C5E.

Please help be get sorted out.

Thanks,

mira