Join now - be part of our community!

'Operating system not found' then fine on a reboot..

SOLVED
J_Sync
New

'Operating system not found' then fine on a reboot..

I recently had to put my laptop in to a repair mode where it recovered all the files on the computer, but not the apps or settings not really sure why, could have been a virus? 
Since then I've been getting problems where I turn on my laptop and it says 'Operating system not found' but when I reboot Windows will configure and then everything will be as normal and run fine. I also sometimes get crashes error:KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (fastfat.SYS) but after restart the computer is fine.

Model is: SVE1512W1ESI

Could you advise me on how I can fix these problems? 

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

J_sync repair mode will not back up the pre-installed apps or any others that you have installed since you first bought your Vaio.

Operating System Not Found could indicate a faulty HDD or corrupt files, there a number of ways to attempt to repair or correct the corrupt files but you will never be sure it has corrected them all.

First thing I would recommend is that you create some recovery discs. To do this start your vaio as normal & press the assist button. When the window appears select Advanced Tools, Restore and recovery then Create Recovery Media then follow the instructions that appear.

Then IMO I think it would be best to restore your Vaio back to the original factory configuration. To do this turn your Vaio off then click on the assist button, once Vaio care rescue mode appears choose recover

when choose an option screen appears choose troubleshoot, then recovery and maintenance follow the wizard and until Start recovery wizard appears.
Beware restoring your vaio back to the original factory configuration WILL remove all of your personal data so make sure you backup anything that you can not afford to loose before doing the above.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

J_sync repair mode will not back up the pre-installed apps or any others that you have installed since you first bought your Vaio.

Operating System Not Found could indicate a faulty HDD or corrupt files, there a number of ways to attempt to repair or correct the corrupt files but you will never be sure it has corrected them all.

First thing I would recommend is that you create some recovery discs. To do this start your vaio as normal & press the assist button. When the window appears select Advanced Tools, Restore and recovery then Create Recovery Media then follow the instructions that appear.

Then IMO I think it would be best to restore your Vaio back to the original factory configuration. To do this turn your Vaio off then click on the assist button, once Vaio care rescue mode appears choose recover

when choose an option screen appears choose troubleshoot, then recovery and maintenance follow the wizard and until Start recovery wizard appears.
Beware restoring your vaio back to the original factory configuration WILL remove all of your personal data so make sure you backup anything that you can not afford to loose before doing the above.

I had trouble with loading my local user account with a note says "user profile can't be loaded " so I tried to log in or recover my system but I couldn't then I installed a windows from a CD when windows was installed I lost all my features and I couldn't recover maintain windows 8 again.
I tried all the ways on the internet non of them realy worked I lost my way into recover onnthe hard disk.
my model name is svf15218sa.