Join now - be part of our community!

Optiarc 5730

profile.country.tr_TR.title
Divablanca
Visitor

Optiarc 5730

Hi,

I have VPCF12Z1E/BI.

I used Optiarc BD RW BD-5730S6 Optic Disk Drive with Xilisoft to convert and burn Divx to DVD.

Program stalled while burning and said that DVD could not be reached. I used Sony DVD+R disc.

Since than I can not read any DVD and CD's but can read Blue Ray discs.

I reinstalled windows 7 64 bit driver, nothing did changed. There is no problem that has been seen on Device Manager . I checked the drive with Nero Info, I could see the drıver version V1 and it seems ok with Blue Ray disks. But when I insert any DVD, the program identifies the disc as an alien, uncompatible thing.

I wanted  to reinstall the firmware, the new version of the firmware that I located at the support site, didn't work neither. The error is as followed;

"The firmware is not compatible with the selected drive"

Also, I could not manage to find the existing and installed driver anywhere on site. I tried the driver on the Optiarc site for the drive. But since it's an OEM product, the firmware could not be loaded neihter.

It's appriciated, if you can hear my voice and help :slight_smile:

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If it works with one type of disc and not another, sadly it is likely to be a hardware issue.

All you can do is to restore your Vaio to factory condition by tapping F10 during boot and choosing a complete recovery.  If the drive works again, then try reinstalling your software.  If it stops again, you will know it is your software.

If a recovery does not work, then you will need to contact Sony Support for a repair.  They will ask you if you have carried out a recovery before they will accept it for repair.

:cry: